Formidable Felonies Attorney Defending the Rights of Lincoln & Lancaster County Clients
As you may know, a felony is the most serious of charges in Nebraska and across the United States. There are several classes of felonies, but all require a jail or prison sentence of at least one year if convicted. Furthermore, having a felony conviction on your record can significantly impact your life after jail. Simply put, you need a tough and experienced criminal defense attorney to ensure you receive a fair trial with the best shot at a positive outcome.
What is at Stake
Depending on the charge, possible felony convictions are as such:
- Class I felony – death penalty
- Class IA felony – life in prison
- Class IB felony – 20 years to life in prison
- Class IC felony – 5 to 50 years in prison (5 years mandatory minimum)
- Class ID felony – 3 to 50 years in prison (3 years mandatory minimum)
- Class II felony – 1 to 50 years in prison
- Class III felony – 1 to 20 years in prison or fine up to $25,000, or both
- Class IIIA felony – up to 5 years in prison or a fine up to $10,000, or both
- Class IV felony – up to 5 years in prison or a fine up to $10,000, or both
Why Experience Matters
In addition to a knack for effective defense strategy, Chapin Law Office principal attorney Bill Chapin holds an exceptional reputation for integrity and is respected by local law enforcement officials, judges, and legal peers. He is dedicated to preserving your freedom, rights, and legal privileges.