Knowledgeable Employment Law Attorney Representing Lincoln & Lancaster County Employees

As a Nebraska employee, you have many rights under both federal and state law. For example, you are entitled to fair treatment, protection from retaliation, and deserving of proper compensation, among other privileges. Chapin Law Offices has been defending these rights for over three decades and is committed to ensuring that you receive the benefits and respect you deserve.

Protected Classes in the Workplace

It is illegal for any employer to discriminate against an employee on the basis of gender, sex, race, skin color, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship, or medical status. If you are passed over for hire, promotion, experience different treatment than your other employees, receive unfair pay, or otherwise have to withstand inequality in the workplace, your employer is in clear violation of both state and federal law.

How to Initiate a Claim Against Your Employer

Other violations of employment law, such as disputes involving overtime or minimum wage, involve breaches of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) instead of the EEOC. At Chapin Law Office, we can assist you with the process of filing a complaint under the FLSA and take legal action on your behalf to see that any wages you’ve lost due to your employer’s actions are addressed effectively.

Taking Appropriate Measures to Ensure Justice

We also represent employees filing lawsuits related to issues such as a failure to make reasonable accommodations. Finally, we can assist employers and employees with establishing contracts and help initiate litigation should civil action become necessary. Contact our Lincoln office today to speak with a dedicated employment lawyer about your situation.

Chapin Law Office provides effective counsel for employees facing work-related legal matters throughout Lincoln, Lancaster County, Gage County, and Sarpy County. Contact our law firm today at (402) 441-5858 to discuss the details of your case with someone who can help.